Are you looking for how to unlock a door with a key? Or how to unlock a door knob without a key?
Then, you are on the right page!
Here, I will share with you the simple guides on how to open a locked door without a key in a couple of minutes.
This article will guide you through the whole process of unlocking your door.
Without wasting your time, let’s quickly see the different methods on how to unlock a door without a key.
How to Unlock a Door Knob without a Key
Below here are the five secure methods and a step-by-step guide on how to unlock a door knob without a key.
Paper Clip is the first on our list today, to get started, look for metallic paper clips at least two big-sized paper clips and then a plier for bending the paper clips.
So, let’s see how to unlock a door with a paper clip.
- Step 1: Use your pliers and unfold the paper clips, unfold one to have the alphabet “L” shape and unfold the other or make it straight.
- Step 2: Insert the paper clip with the L-shaped into the keyhole at the bottom and push it in. Then, glide the other unfolded paper clip in the upper portion of the lock.
- Step 3: Now, you push it in after sliding into the lock, move it back and forward to push down the pins inside the lock.
- Step 4: Apply a little pressure when doing this and find out the direction the lock turns to either anticlockwise or clockwise.
- Step 5: Once you applied the needed pressure on both the clips/pins, the door will be unlocked in due time. Hence, you need to put effort and patience as you go.
Read Also: How to Screen Share on Discord
Making use of the Bobby Pin is another method to unlock a doorknob. This will require a tension wrench. Hence, you can create one with the bobby pin.
So, let’s see how to unlock a door with a bobby pin.
- Steps1: Get two bobby pins and fold the bottom of one bobby pin around 2-3 cm to look like the alphabet “L” shape. This will serve as your tension wrench, then, straighten out thoroughly the other bobby pin.
- Step 2: Slip in the bobby pin with L-shaped into the keyhole at the bottom part and push the pins sideways.
- Step 3: Now, slide in the straight bobby pin into the upper side of the hole and try inserting the pin below the pins in the lock. Do this continuously till you can rotate the keyhole.
- Step 4: Once the keyhole turns, gradually remove the straight bobby pin and use the L-shaped pin to turn the key till the door opens. Hence, remember you need patience and more effort in doing this.
- Step 5: Finally, pull out the L-shaped bobby pin slowly, once you feel the door is unlocking.
Here, the Card you will use is a gift card, payback card or others and not your identity card, drivers’ license or credit cards.
You can as well use a laminated card; it works better because they can easily bend.
So, let’s see how to unlock a door with a card.
- Step 1: First is to insert your Card between the door and the door frame next to the handle.
- Step 2:Push in the Card a little more inside, making sure it aligns with to the door.
- Step 3: Make sure the Card is tilt, and it touches the doorknob and then making it lean towards the knob will make it easier to pull the bolt back down.
- Step 4: Now, lean against the door and bend the Card to other direction to reach the bolt end. This will make the door open quickly.
- Step 5: Continuously bend the Card in and out till the door opens.
Read Also: How to wire a Plug
Here, you need the star-head screwdriver having a small mouth tip. This will be perfect because the keyholes are very tiny, so we need screws with such tip.
So, let’s see how to unlock a door with a screwdriver.
- Step 1: First, insert your screwdriver into the keyhole and place it to lean between the tumblers in the lock.
- Step 2:Try to push in the screwdriver more inside to get the tumbler moved up.
- Step 3: Rotate the screwdriver gently inside the lock till the door opens.
With the use of Butter Knife, either standard or small knife, you need to choose a knife that is thin and has a flexible blade.
So, let’s see how to unlock a door with a knife.
- Step1: Slide in the knife into the lock between the door frame and the space in the door closer to the lock.
- Step 2: Apply a little more pressure on the knife and push in and out. Rotate the knife gradually as you move the lock in the appropriate angle.
- Step 3: Once you moved the lock entirely, then, the door would be open.
And that is everything you need to know on how to unlock a door knob without a key easily.
Unlocking a door might not seem to be easy, but if you have the right tools, you can get something done.
However, these five tools listed here are to be used as last resort accordingly if no solution was found on time.
Therefore, you can still use them for opening any locked doors without a key.
Hopefully, I believe you enjoyed this article, kindly help us in sharing with your friends.