Knowing how to sync iPhone is the best thing that can happen to every user of iOS/Apple devices, including (iPhones and iPads).
Over the years, the only way to sync iPhones and iPads is through the iTunes on your computer system.
But now, a better and easier option is out, which is the iCloud sync service.
Synchronizing your iPhone and iPad data with iCloud helps you to access your content and apps data everywhere and anytime.
iCloud offers secure Backup, thereby allowing iOS users to Backup and restore information on Apple devices.
Today, I will share with you the necessary steps on syncing iPhones and iPads data using iCloud sync service.
About iCloud Backup
For any iOS user, always make use of the iCloud Backup regularly on your Apple devices.
This will help to set up or restore your data and information on an existing Apple device.
Hence, your Backup runs automatically every night on your iOS devices.
See how to activate your iCloud Backup and things needed when doing so.
- On your device, go to Settings > [Your Name] > iCloud > iCloud Backup.
- Tap on the toggle to activate.
- Make sure your device is connected to a Wi-Fi network.
Before the backup process starts, lock the device screen.
To perform the full Backup, ensure you have enough storage space on your iCloud.
Data & Information iCloud Backs Up
Once the iCloud Backup process is activated, the following is being backed up by default.
- App data
- Apple Watch backups
- Device settings
- HomeKit configuration
- Home screen and app organization
- iMessage, text (SMS), and MMS messages
- Your device Photos and videos
- Visual Voicemail password with the SIM Card used during the Backup.
- The purchase history you made from Apple services, including (music, movies, TV shows, books, and apps).
There are some other app information stored already in iCloud, and they sync immediately on your device.
They include (Contacts, Call history, mail, notes, shared photos, calendars, bookmarks, voice memos, health data, and other files you store in iCloud Drive).
How to Sync iPhone and iPad Content using iCloud
Ever since the release of iCloud in 2011, this has become the fastest and simplest method to sync your iPhone data and files.
It helps to store and sync your data, including the (documents, music, photos) and other files into Apple’s servers.
With the use of iCloud services, you can Backup any iOS device for future purposes.
Once your iPhone and iPad contents are being synchronized, you can access and as well download on your Windows, macOS, and iOS devices.
Apple makes use of end-to-end encryption system to help secure and store your data and sensitive information permanently on iCloud.
To sync your iPhone and iPad data, you must have enough iCloud storage space on your iOS device before you attempt synchronization.
Checking Your iCloud Storage Space on iPhones
See how to check the available storage space on your iCloud.
- First, go to the Settings app on your iOS device and tap (Your Name).
- Then, select iCloud
- Click on Manage Storage.
Checking Your iCloud Storage Space on PC or macOS
This is how to check your iCloud storage on a PC or macOS.
- Locate the Apple icon at the top-left corner of your computer on a macOS and select System Preferences.
- Now, click on iCloud, then Manage.
- For PC running on Windows, download the iCloud for Windows.
How to Sync iPhone and iPad Data
This is all about syncing all data in your apple device with the help of iCloud Backup.
Before you start this process of syncing all data in your devices, make sure to use a Wi-Fi network, and your iCloud Backup must be up-to-date.
Let’s see how to achieve this syncing of all data on the devices.
On the source device:
- Go to Settings >> [Your Name] >> iCloud and then select iCloud Backup.
- Make sure the iCloud Backup toggle is ON. Then tap Back Up Now.
- Wait until the full backup process completes.
Then on the target device:
- Turn on the device to start the setup process. Follow the Onscreen information until you see the Apps & Data screen.
- Now tap Restore from iCloud Backup, on the screen.
- Choose the recent Backup having the current date.
- Wait patiently until the restore process completes.
Voila! You have successfully synchronized your Apple devices (iPhone and iPad) using the iCloud data.
Finally, you have learned how to sync iPhone and iPads using iCloud with these simple processes.
The whole process is secured; you have nothing to lose once you make use of the iCloud services in sync all your data.
So, take advantage of this excellent guide to Backup and synchronize that your Apple device.
Hopefully, I know you enjoyed this article, kindly help in sharing with your friends and those who might need it.
Also Read: How to Restore Contacts on iPhone