Signing a word document seems to be a big challenge to me after reviewing some products and asked to sign and email back.
This made me go in search of How to sign a Word Document. Of course, this can be done electronically or manually.
Before that, I do ask questions like how do I write my Signature on a Word Document? Or how do I electronically Sign a Document?
I now move into research on how to sign a document in word, and I came about signing a word document more naturally and easily.
This is the best and easiest way to sign a word document. You will be amazed to know this.
Do you know that you can sign a document in word using only just your Microsoft Word Office Package?
Yeah, it is possible, after much research I came to realize this and today I will share with you the very steps on how to do that.
Are you looking for How to Sign a Word Document? That shouldn’t be a problem anymore.
Intogeek has gathered the necessary information and practical steps on how to sign a document in a word for you.
Hope you are ready for it? Now, let’s get started.
Read Also: How to Send an Invoice
How to Sign a Word Document
Ever since I started using the Microsoft Word, I have never come across this, but now it has been an added advantage.
You don’t need to skip this, kindly follow the steps gradually till the end and you will get to know it.
Let’s quickly see below the comprehensive step-by-step guide on how to sign a word document.
STEP 1: CREATING IMAGE FILE USING MICROSOFT PAINT
Creating an image file of your Signature using the Microsoft Paint tool is the first thing to be done.
“Paint” is a free computer program made available on every Windows Operating System used for image editing and formatting.
- On your computer system, go to start menu and open the “Paint” application program.
- Locate the text tool indicated as little “A” icon and then click on it.
- Then, click on the white background, go to the font menu options, and select any font that looks like handwriting font.
- You can choose the “Comic Sans MS” font, but here we will use the “Bradley Hand ITC” font for this article.
- Set the font size at any large number you like; here we will use size “36”.
- Click on the Bold “B” option to make your text bold.
- Select the background heading as “Transparent.”
- Select “Color 1” as black color.
- Now, type your name or any acronym you wish to use as Signature.
- Once you are done, go to the left top corner, and select “Save As” from the drop-down menu, then choose “PNG Picture” and save with your preferred file name.
If you don’t like to use the font generated by computer and prefer to make your Signature, you can as well do it.
Get a piece of paper and write out your best Signature and then snap it with your smartphone.
Now, send the picture to your email, go to your computer system, open your email, and then download the image.
After downloading, open the Paint application and now follow the same guidelines listed here.
However, this seems to be like more complicated stuff to me but still okay.
Anyway, let’s continue with the easy steps, though.
STEP 2: SIGNING A WORD DOCUMENT
Signing a document in word is the next thing to be done and the last step here.
And this is the main reason you are on this page, so let’s see how it goes.
- Open your word document and find a place to sign in the text, or click on the signature line area.
- Go to the menu bar and click on “Insert” >>> then select “Picture.”
- From the pictures library, choose the signature image file you saved before in Step 1 and click Insert.
- Now, the image is inserted into the Word document; let ’s format the picture and make it look factual.
- Right-click on the picture and select “Text Wrapping” >>> then choose “Behind Text.”
You can drag and now position the image to the right place and make it look like a real signature.
Once you have done all this, then you are all set. You can now save the document and email back to maybe your boss or whoever.
Hot Tip: For you to make it outstanding and more genuine, save the document file as PDF or convert it to PDF before you send it out to them.
Putting it in a PDF form will make them believe it is a real signature and not an image.
Read Also: How to Unlock a Door Knob
Voila! You have successfully signed a document in word.
I believe with this excellent guide; you have learned how to sign a word document.
Take advantage of this today and make sure you do it very well before sending the document out.
Hopefully, I know you enjoyed this article, kindly help in sharing with your friends and those in need of it.
Remember, sharing is caring.
You can also check out our article here on How to Uninstall Skype for Business