Are you looking for how to screenshot on HP Laptop both for Windows 10, 8 and 7? Search no more; you are in the right place.
Knowing how to take a screenshot on your HP Laptop with the right tools will save you the stress of going through a long process to achieve that.
Here on this article, you will get to know all the available methods for taking a perfect screenshot on your HP laptop quickly.
I have gathered the best two methods and options here on this blog article to help you take a screenshot on your laptop anytime, any day.
Now, let’s see the two most available methods and options for taking screenshots on PC.
There are two methods one can choose to help take a screenshot on any HP Laptop.
First Method (Manually): Here, you make use of little computer skills with the help of some keyboard keys and other available tools to capture the screen and take your screenshots.
Second Method (Automatically): Here, you make the capturing quickly and more comfortable than the first method, thereby taking a perfect screenshot with just a single software tool.
How to Screenshot on HP Laptop Manually
For the first method, that is taking screenshots manually; we have three available options to achieve that. They include;
- Taking a Screenshot of the whole Laptop screen.
- Taking a Screenshot of an Active Window.
- Taking a Custom Screenshot.
Let’s see the following options on taking screenshots manually and how to achieve that.
TAKING A SCREENSHOT OF THE WHOLE LAPTOP SCREEN
See how to take a screenshot of the whole screen on HP Laptop.
- Press the PrtScn or Print Screen key on your system keyboard. It will capture the whole screen automatically and save it to the clipboard on your system.
- Then, locate any of the image editors in your system like (Paint or Photoshop), open the program and paste the screenshot on it.
- Now, you can edit the screenshot to your taste using the image editor and then save the image on your system.
Voila, you have successfully taken a screenshot of the whole Laptop screen and saved it on your computer.
The above step works for all windows, including (Win 7, 8, 10).
If you are using Windows 8 or 10, here is a more straightforward method to do it:
- Press down the Win key/Windows logo alongside with the PrtScn key/Print Screen together on your keyboard. Your screen will dim for a while.
- Now, open the File Explorer and press down the ‘Windows logo key’ and ‘E’ button on your keyboard together.
- Then, go to This PC >> Pictures >> Screenshots on your system, and you will see the screenshot you have captured.
TAKING A SCREENSHOT OF AN ACTIVE WINDOW
To make a screenshot of an active window, you only capture the image of the window that is currently in use on your computer system.
Let’s see below how to achieve that.
- First, press the Print Screen key and the Alt key together on your HP Laptop keyboard.
- Automatically, it captures the active windows environment and saves it to the clipboard of the computer.
- Now, open any of the image editors on your system like (Paint or Photoshop), then paste the captured screenshot on it.
You can now edit the image and save on your computer system.
TAKING A CUSTOM SCREENSHOT
Taking a custom screenshot is just taking the capture of a specific area in your HP Laptop. Hence, it does not involve taking the screenshot of the whole screen.
To achieve this, we make use of a few tools, and the most common is the SNIPPING TOOL.
Let’s see how to screenshot on HP Laptop using the Snipping tool.
- Go to the Start Menu button and click on it, in the search bar at the lower-left corner of your screen, search for the “Snipping Tool” and select it.
- Once the Snipping Tool comes up, click on New.
- Now, carefully click and drag your mouse around the area of your screen you wish to capture and then release the mouse button.
- Automatically it captures and opens the image on the snipping tool environment.
- You can now click on the Save Snip icon to save the captured screenshot.
How to Screenshot on HP Laptop Automatically
This is the second method we have here. Believe me; taking a screenshot automatically on your HP Laptop seems to be the best.
And this can only be achieved with a unique, powerful computer program called SNAGIT.
Snagit is a software program used for screen recording and screen capture quickly and fast on computer systems.
It captures images automatically under your mouse cursor.
The Snagit program has powerful image editor with amazing features and elements for editing on any of your screenshots.
Let’s see how to use Snagit to screenshot on HP Laptop:
- First, you need to download and install the Snagit Program.
- After downloading, Run the program and sign in, then you click on the Capture button.
- Check across the area you want to capture and auto-select, then click it to capture the area. Or still, click and drag to select a particular area.
- Then, locate the camera icon on the Snagit toolbar and save the screenshot you captured.
- Now, you can edit your screenshot on the Snagit image editor and make other adjustments if you wish.
- Finally, you can now save your image.
NOTE: Snagit offers you a free trial for 15 days of which after that, you can now purchase it to continue using it.
So, that is all you need to know on how to screenshot on HP Laptop Windows 7, 8 and 10, etc.
Hopefully, I believe you enjoyed this article, and the above tutorial helps you.
You can share this excellent guide with your friends and to those who might need it.
Check out our article here on how to screen share on Discord Server.