Okay, now you have this app on your iPhone that keeps disturbing you, and you still need the app, but you want to hide it for the meantime.
Or maybe you want to safeguard your data from kids or some persons who keep unraveling your privacy and files on the phone.
Then you hop into the search of how to hide Apps on iPhone and boom you landed on this page.
Or maybe a friend shared this article with you so you can quickly solve that.
Good, you didn’t make a mistake of being here; you are on the right page.
This article will teach you the exact steps on how to hide apps on iPhone 7, 8, iOS, etc.
I hope you are ready to learn that, right? Read on.
Recently, the former way to hide apps on iOS 12 & 13 was changed by Apple, but you can still do it on iOS 11 or earlier versions.
Apple also provides you with commands to avoid unauthorized access to your phone apps, data, files, etc.
This can be done via the “Restrictions” feature, also known as the (Parental Controls).
This feature helps to keep your privacy and data safe from anyone to avoid tinkering with your phone.
Let’s quickly see How to Hide Apps on iPhone using this feature.
Read Also: How to Delete Photos from iPhone
How to Hide Apps on iPhone
Do you know that you can hide both stock system apps and downloaded apps on your iPhone? Yes, it is possible.
Only but a few know about this, and if you don’t know about it, don’t worry.
Right here on this page, you will get to see everything you need to know about that.
Follow me; let’s quickly see them.
Hide Stock/System Apps on iPhone Devices
- The first is to enable the “Restrictions” feature.
- Go to your device “Settings” app, and click on General.
- Then, locate and select the “Restrictions” option.
- Click on “Enable Restrictions”
- Enter your Restrictions password and confirm.
Make sure to enable the Restrictions Passcode to avoid going a long process of recovering it.
Now, after enabling the “Restrictions” feature, you can easily hide stock/system apps.
Check the below steps here, and let’s see.
- Open the “Settings” app on your device and click on “General.”
- Locate and click on “Restrictions.”
- Choose the app you want to hide and turn off the switch.
With these, you can hide apps like Camera, iTunes Store, iBooks Store, and as well prevent unauthorized access to your essential apps.
That is all about hiding stock apps on your iPhone devices.
Let’s see the steps on how to hide downloaded apps.
Hide Downloaded Apps on iPhone Devices
Downloaded apps can be apps you downloaded from the Apple Store, and these apps can also be hidden as well.
Below here are the steps on how to achieve that.
- Go to your device Settings and click on General. Locate and click on Restrictions.
- Enter the Restriction password of the device.
- Scroll down to Allowed Content and click on Apps.
- Now, you choose the type of apps you want to hide or allow by tapping on the specific age group or click “Don’t Allow Apps” to hide all the apps.
Voila! You have successfully hidden your iPhone Apps, and none of them will be showing again on your iPhone home screen.
Read Also: How to Hard Reset iPhone 7
Hiding your iPhone apps only makes it hidden from the device and not deleted.
However, all the apps you have hidden remains intact on your iPhone.
You can hide apps and still unhide the apps again.
Hence, after you unhide the apps, the icons change their positions and can get it back to the original positions by syncing to iTunes.
If you wish to delete apps from your device, then you can check this guide here on How to Erase iPhone without Passcode.
So that is all about how to hide apps on iPhone.