Apple devices, mostly iPhones, are a very delicate device that has grown into the phone industry as famous and popular phone models.
These devices come with a quality body, quality camera, fast user interface, software stability etc.
However, there may be times; things might go wrong with the software, and the best option available is to know how to hard reset iPhone 7.
Most of the apple phones devices don’t come with the physical home button; this is being removed from the new iPhone 7 and 7 plus.
And it is replaced with a new pressure-sensitive button making the hard reset iPhone 7 process different from the former phone models.
Nevertheless, I will share with you the new process of how to reset iPhone 7 to factory settings.
This guide will teach you the process of how to hard reset iPhone 7 which also works in iPhone 7 plus.
Before that, let’s see what Hard Reset is.
What is Hard Reset?
Hard reset is the processes by which you force reboot an iPhone device to restore it into the factory settings.
Performing the hard reset process will fix all bugs, issues and problems you are facing with the phone as a result of faulty apps, wrong settings etc.
However, always remember that this process wipes away all your data and restores the device to its original factory settings.
Any issue or glitches you have in your device, this iPhone 7 hard reset guide will help bring your device to the normal state.
You only have to follow the steps in this article carefully so you can hard reset your iPhone 7 or 7 plus easily with the new key combinations.
Precautions to Observe When Performing a Hard Reset
- Before carrying out the hard reset process, make sure your device battery is about 60% charged.
- Make sure to backup your relevant data, files, images, videos etc.
- After performing the Hard Reset, you need to be patient for the first booting of the device.
Read Also: How to Erase iPhone without Passcode
How to Hard Reset iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 Plus
Below here are the steps required on how to hard reset iPhone 7 or 7 plus.
- Run a backup of your relevant data including your (Contacts, Messages, Files, Notes, Photos, Videos) etc.
- Now, turn off your iPhone device.
- Locate the “Lock” button on the right side of the iPhone 7, press and hold it.
- While the lock button is being pressed down, quickly locate the “down volume” button on the left side of the iPhone and press it down too.
- Hold down the both “lock” and “down volume” buttons until the screen goes black and it restarts showing the Apple logo.
- Wait for few minutes for the booting to complete.
- After successful booting, then sign in to your iCloud or iTunes account to restore any backup saved previously.
- Finally, install back your essential utility, and social communication apps and your device is now ready.
Once you follow all these steps above and the key combinations carefully, you will be amazed to see yourself doing it.
Hence, this method is more similar in hard resetting for other former iPhone models.
Voila! You have successfully hard reset your iPhone 7 device in a jiffy.
Read Also: How to Restore Contacts on iPhone
Hopefully, I believe this tutorial guide on this page helps clear your doubt on how to reset iPhone 7 and 7 plus.
It’s indeed beneficial, and I am sure it has helped you as well to solve the problem you are facing with your device.
If this guide helped you, kindly share this content on your social media networks and to others who might need it.
Remember, Sharing is Caring.
Read Also: How to Delete Photos from iPhone