For a while now, a majority of GoTv users have been complaining of these error codes normally gotten from GoTv Nigeria.
These error codes automatically stop one from viewing the favorite channels even after making your GoTv Payment and subscriptions.
Most times, these error codes normally come up when users forget to renew the GoTv subscription plans before the main expiration date.
Many of the GoTv users prefer to wait until after expiration date to renew the subscriptions and this result in displaying of these error codes on their television screen.
Some of these error codes include (E16, E17, E30, E32, and E48-32). E48-32 error message normally occurs once you change the position of the antenna of the GoTv decoder.
However, today on Intogeek, we will show you some few guides on how to clear error codes on GoTv Nigeria decoders instantly.
Also, you will get to see the few ways to contact them on their social media handle and their customer care direct contact, in case if the error persists after everything.
HOW TO CLEAR ERROR CODES ON GOTV NIGERIA
E016 Error Message: How to Clear the Error Code!
- First, make sure your decoder is Powered ON when clearing the error code.
- Open the message box on your decoder or use the phone number used in purchasing your GoTv decoder Package.
- Send “RESET IUC NUMBER” to 4688, e.g RESET 0987654321 to 4688 (where 0987654321 is your IUC number).
- IUC number can be found on the red label under your GoTv decoder.
- This should solve the problem.
Here is another easier method:
- Quickly visit the GOTV page here.
- Then click on Easy self-service.
- Click on Clear Error Code.
- Enter your IUC number and select GOTVE16 or select the exact error displayed on your screen.
- Enter Captcha code for verification.
- Now, click on Clear Error.
- Viola! The Error is gone.
NOTE: if you just renewed, subscribed or paid for your GoTv subscription and it’s not activated yet, please give at least 2hours and then send the following SMS with your mobile phone.
(“RESET IUC NUMBER” to 4688)
Meanwhile, ensure your decoder is switched ON when sending the code. Once done, service would be restored immediately.
E48-32 Error Message: How to Clear Error Code!
- First, check if the antenna is properly connected to the decoder, if not, then, connect properly.
- Then, tap on the OK button to see the signal information.
- Go to Menu>Advanced>Installation – click on Auto Scan
- Hence, if the error is not a general issue from GOTV, channel 48 and 52 will come up for you.
- Once the scanning is complete, you will now see Channel 99.
- However, if it doesn’t come up, you will need to rescan to have access to all the channels you paid for.
Also, you can reach or call their customer care on these two numbers: (08039003788 or 01-2703232). Please be polite and lay your complaints accordingly to them.
So, here you have it on how to clear error codes on GoTv Nigeria decoders. Meanwhile, to avoid such errors one need to renew its subscriptions on time.
If you are yet to renew or pay for your GoTv subscriptions, you can check out our article here on GoTv Payment and ways to pay for your Gotv Subscription in Nigeria.
Kindly share this article with your friends on social media platforms, remember sharing is caring.