Hello. Not much continues to be happening in my life. It’s now not happening at my uni house instead. I’ve just been sitting watching DVDs and Blu rays over the last few days, making sure I keep up with my May Movie challenge, to watch 31 movies during the month. Today I am going to share with you the various things that make me geeky, in a list format. Fans of list will no doubt be overjoyed.
- I am obsessed with Doctor Who. I love the show a lot and have every episode of the revived series on DVD. I’m gradually working my way through the classic series and am towards the beginning of the Third Doctor era. (I write my thoughts on each classic story here.) I have numerous Doctor Who T-shirts and posters and various other items including a sonic screwdriver and a stress toy adipose. Being a Whovian is a way of life. I just wish there was some new Doctor Who on TV for me to watch.
- Branching off from that, I love sci-fi and fantasy stuff. You name it and I either love it or would very much like to see it. I even like both Star Trek AND Star Wars (although I’m more into the Trek though!). And Iove fantasy stuff and not the crap modern stuff about vampires falling in love. Being Human is a great TV series I’ve recently got into about a vampire, a werewolf and a ghost living together. It is awesome and I’m gradually working my way through the boxset of that.
- Gaming, particularly Nintendo stuff. Most gaming people would look down on me for this because they say it’s all childish and has rubbish graphics. Well of course I don’t like all the childish stuff but Nintendo make things much more fun than other games company. Whilst Sony and Microsoft were just upgrading the same consoles Nintendo came up with the innovative Wii and forced the others to think more. I love Mario games especially and I’m currently awaiting the release of Luigi’s Mansion 2 for 3DS. Having said that I quite enjoy playing other consoles too but I don’t own any.
- Gadgets. I now find I have to have a bag with me whenever I go anywhere so I can take all my stuff with me. Often I am found to be carrying: Blackberry smartphone, camera, video camera, iPod, Kindle and 3DS. I would also love to have an iPad but there’s no way I can afford one at the moment.
- Comics. Compared to the other things this is a relatively new interest. I love the way stories can be told in comics and the combination of both amazing art and storytelling coming together to produce something brilliant. I am currently following: Justice League, The Flash, Deadpool, The Amazing Spiderman and Atomic Robo. I will be following the new Hit Girl comic when it comes out as well as the amazing crossover that is Star Trek/Doctor Who: Assimilation. There’ll be more chat about comics here tomorrow.
- Books. It’s very rare that a day goes by where I don’t read a massive chunk of whatever book I’m reading. It’s usually sci-fi or fantasy but I read the occasional crime book and all sorts of random books that can be downloaded cheaply on my Kindle. I love being whisked away into another world by a brilliant author and using my own imagination to picture it all.
- Wildlife. Perhaps not so much a traditional geek thing, but certainly something most people wouldn’t consider cool. I love watching wildlife and can identify the majority of British birds and all sorts of other wildlife too. Today I saw two water voles having a fight and so far it was the highlight of my day. I kind of like how the natural world can combine with the technological one as I can walk around listening to music and taking photos of wildlife which I can then share online. It always kind of blows my mind when I think like that.
- Last one, Blogging/Tweeting. I write this blog. And I tweet a fair bit, when I actually have something to say. My twitter is @zotwot if you would like to follow me (please do!).
Well there you have it, the finished list. There’s probably a few others things I could add if I though about it long enough but I can’t be bothered. I think this list supports the title of this blog pretty well.
I’ve got a few good posts lined up because I’m actually doing some fun things tomorrow so make sure you come and have a read of them. I’m also very tempted to write what would be my most honest blog post ever. I will talk about something that I haven’t ever before, something which makes life very tricky for me. It would be uncomfortable to write but might help. Should I write such a post? Let me know and I might well do it. I shall see you tomorrow!